#142 Winshaw Wines Usana Luck of the Gambler Pinot Gris 2018

The face of South African Pinot Gris
I am seldom so excited about a wine. Not necessarily because of what is in the glass, but because of the way it forces us to re-examine a whole bunch of ideas about wine that we totally take for granted.
🔬 This particular bottle is from Winshaw Wines, who produce the Usana range. They are very much into regenerative farming, and lean well away from using pesticides and herbicides in their farming. 70% of the grapes were fermented on their skins for 12 days, and the other 30% was fermented as whole bunch, which means the stalks go into “the pot” as well, often lending some amped up spice notes. Of course, the pot is not a pot at all, but rather a combination of old barrels and a concrete egg.
Serve this wine lightly chilled, but definitely not ice cold.
💸 R165
Submit your review

Create your own review

Han Drinks Solo Wine Club
Average rating:  
 0 reviews